Google Drive WhatsApp | Google Drive Backup Overview & Google Drive Access
Google Drive WhatsApp, is a backup tool, very easy to handle, and has the main function of transferring your WhatsApp data to a new device with the use of the Google drive tool.
Google drive is also software that is designed, operated, managed, and offered by the Google LLC Company. Meanwhile, in this article, you will find out more about the Google Drive Backups, how you can access your Google Drive account, and how to restore your WhatsApp backup files on a new device from your previous device.
Therefore, to find out the application to the topics & guide, keep on reading this article till the end of it. While for further assistance, you can leave a comment in the comment section below, and don’t forget to share this article to help others learn.
Opera Mini News | Latest News on Opera Mini & Opera Business
Carpe.diem_lee ig APK | Download the 2022 Latest Version, Features
Google Drive Backups Overview
As said earlier, the Google drive is a backup tool that helps you easily transfer your WhatsApp data from your current device to a new device without losing your data.
And all transferring files, documents, and contents are transferred privately, the file is not exposed to other people or platforms. This means that all your file and contents are secure with Google Drive.
Moreover, during the backup process, we recommend that you connect your device to Wi-Fi while backing up your contents from WhatsApp storage space to Google Drive.
And this is because the backup files can possibly have different file sizes, and it probably consumes a lot of data, which can cause additional changes while backing up the files.
Also, starting from early April 2022, which is in the past now, you will still need to back up your files from WhatsApp to Google drive after every 5 months to avoid losing your files & data contents.
Things to Note while you back up your data to Google Drive
There are relevant things you should take note of while backing up your data to Google Drive, to find out see the below outline:
- Take note that your Google Drive storage quota is not affected by WhatsApp backups.
- Backups of WhatsApp are linked to the phone number and Google account used to generate them.
- Also, WhatsApp Backups that have not been updated in five months can possibly be eliminated by Google automatically. This is why we recommend that you back up your WhatsApp data often, if not every week.
- During your first backup, it might take some time to finish the process of backing up your contents from WhatsApp to Google drive, which is why we recommend that you connect your device to a power source.
- Each time you generate a Google Drive backup with the same Google account, Google will overwrite the previous backup. This means that a previous Google Drive backup cannot be restored.
- Take note – Unless you set on end-to-end encrypted backups, the media and messages you back up in Google Drive aren’t secured by WhatsApp end-to-end encryption.
With these noted, see the next section below to find out the process to follow while backing up your WhatsApp data to Google Drive.
How to back up to Google Drive
Google Drive WhatsApp: while you are about to use the Google Drive back up to back up your WhatsApp data, there are certain things you will need, see below for the list of things you need before you can back up to Google Drive.
- An activated Google Account on your Device
- You have to install the Google Play services on your device – You can use this app to update your Google apps and other apps from the Google play store.
- You need enough vacancies in your storage space in order to create the backup
- And lastly, you need a stable internet connection.
With all these intact, you can now start the backup process step-by-step by following the procedures below.
Setting up your Google drive Backup
- Access your WhatsApp
- Click on the More Options button with three dots, and then access Settings > Chats > Chat backup > Back up to Google Drive
- Then Select Backup Frequency instead of selecting never, which you always do in some cases during the self-backup process.
- Click on the Google Account, which you will like to back up your chat contents, meanwhile, if you do not have a Google account connected to your WhatsApp, click on the Add Account option, and then provide your login details and connect.
- Finally, click on back up over to select the network you want to your for the backups, either Data, Wi-Fi, or Data & Wi-Fi at the same time anyone that is available at that moment.
As said earlier in the Note section of this article, remember that backing up over a cellular data network can result in additional data changes during the backup process.
Turning on end-to-end Encrypted Backup
This process is for additional security during the backup process, where you can switch on the end-to-end encryption for your Google Drive backup. See procedures below:
- Access your WhatsApp
- Click on the three dots option above the page, and then click on Settings > Chats > Chat backup > End-to-end encrypted backup.
- Then click on the Turn On
- In the next part, you will create a password or rather use a 64-digit encryption code.
- Finally, click on the Create button to create your end-to-end encrypted backup process.
With these in mind, see the next section below to know how you can back up to Google drive manually.
Manual Backup to Google Drive
It’s your choice to manually back up to Google Drive, you don’t prefer backing up your chats either through end-to end- encrypted backup or through the setup method of backing up to Google drive. See the procedures below:
- With the same approach in number one (1) of the previous backup methods
- Then click the top three vertically placed dots, with the drop-down display, click on Settings > Chats > Chat backup, and then simply click on Back Up.
Among the methods of backing up to Google drive, this is the easiest method, but you frequently, this is why we mostly use the previous methods above.
Moreover, continue reading below to find out how to access your Google Drive account on a PC, find out in the next section below.
How to Access WhatsApp Backups on a Google Drive Account
You can possibly access WhatsApp backups both on Android & on ICloud if you are an iPhone user, see both methods of accessing WhatsApp backups on Google drive using both Android & iPhone.
Access WhatsApp backups via Android Device
- Visit the web version of Google Drive using any android device, and then log in to your account, the account in which you saved the backups.
- Navigate to the Gear icon at the top of the screen, from the drop-down options, click on the Google Drive Settings.
- Immediately you’ve launched the Google drive settings, visit the Managing Apps section, and then move to the WhatsApp section.
Access WhatsApp backups via iCloud
Like android operators, iPhone users also want to find out how they can access their WhatsApp backups on Google drive. Most of you iPhone users know how Apple strictly handles their security, even when you access your account through the official website of iCloud, you won’t find the WhatsApp backup section there.
So, if you want to access your iCloud Drive, because this is another name for Google drive on Apple devices, however, for now, there is no solution of how to extract WhatsApp chat from your iCloud drive.
Nevertheless, there is another alternative to accessing your WhatsApp chats, and this is to take the backup extractor of your device on iTunes. And later, you can dedicate your iTunes backup extractor, and load the ChatStorage.sqlite from it to access your WhatsApp data
Meanwhile, for more interesting guides like this article, stay with us at TechSmoothy.com, and don’t forget to share in order to assist others to learn about how they can access & backup their WhatsApp data on Google Drive.
Reverse Email Lookup Free | Email Lookup Tool, How to use it
YOPmail Login | Sign into a Disposable Email with YOPmail
Mp3 Juice 2022 | Free Mp3 Music Download, Fast & Safe
Waptrick MDUNDO Download Music MP3 | Download Free Music on MDUNDO